Friday, January 20, 2012

My Version of Pimento Cheese

This probably shouldn't be called "pimento cheese" because it doesn't actually have any pimento peppers in it, but I don't know what else to call it. I used peppers I wanted to make it hot and damn tasty. Please adapt according to your taste. As a side note, I apparently can't say "pimento" without sounding like a true Southerner-- it always comes out as "pimmeno". However you say it, I hope you enjoy it.


Serves 8-10
Total Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 4 oz cheddar cheese, grated or cut into small pieces
  • 1 oz grated Parmesan
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 jalapenos, stems removed, roughly chopped
  • 2-3 Thai bird chilies, stems removed, roughly chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
  • 3/4 C mayonnaise
  • freshly ground black pepper
  • 8-10 slices of bread

Procedure:
Combine the cayenne, peppers, garlic, and ground black pepper in a food processor and pulse until well combined and the peppers and garlic are finely chopped. Add the cheeses and mayonnaise and puree until smooth.

Spread on bread. Eat at room temperature or broil until the top browns a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment