Tuesday, November 23, 2010

BrokeAss Gourmet's Orange-Cardamom Applesauce

Though I saw this applesauce recipe on BrokeAss Gourmet a month ago, I just now got around to trying it.  I absolutely love it and am desperately trying not to eat it all before I can it this afternoon.

I made some small changes: 

1) Reduced the amount of orange juice to the juice from just one orange (and replaced that lost liquid with water).
2) Added about a teaspoon more of cinnamon and about a teaspoon of some good curry powder.
3) Used orange blossom honey instead of regular honey.


I used a combination of organic Fuji and Granny Smith apples.


Seriously, you have to try this.  Gabi's recipe is not only extremely tasty, but making applesauce is incredibly easy and tastes nothing like the stuff you buy from the store.

If you don't want to eat it right away, here are some instructions on canning your deliciousness.  The actual canning process starts around step 8.  Make sure your applesauce has cooled before you put it in jars.

No comments:

Post a Comment